Ms. Nakada's Virtual Classroom: Day 21

Agenda:
Check-in
"Hope" by Emily Dickinson
Prompts for NaPoWriMo Day #21

HW: RJ 14.2 on a poem. 
Read a poem and write a poem. 

It's another short Tuesday, y'all. Our Zoom today is from 1:00 - 1:30.
For our check-in: Now that we're 20 days in, do you have a favorite poem/poet? 

OK, make sure you have all of your English materials ready for today. Write your agenda and here is today's  poem. 

  • Read through the poem 3-4 times (preferably out loud). 
  • What feeling/tone do you get from the poem? 
  • What is it about? 
  • What poetic elements do you notice happening in this poem? 
  • Annotate and make sense of this poem.
Prompts: Write a poem about something you find hopeful. 

WTWrites2019_DAY-21.jpgFrom Winter Tangerine: "Write a self-portrait as your favorite body of water."

From Writer's Digest: "For today’s prompt, write an isolation poem. For many, this is a very real and present subject. And for me, I’ve found that social distancing and staying at home has actually made it harder for me to find the isolation my introverted soul needs to recharge—so I actually wake up before anyone else to get a little alone time. But isolation existed before COVID-19 as well. So there are plenty of ways to dive into this one.

Remember: These prompts are just springboards; you have the freedom to jump in any direction you want. In other words, it’s more important to write a new poem than to stick to the prompt." 

That's it for today. I hope poetry is keeping you company during this time of isolation. I know it's helping me as is connecting with you. I've loved reading your poems so far. Keep writing and I'll see you tomorrow. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ms. Nakada's Blog for Independent Study Day 1

Logan's Third Blog

Ms. Nakada's Virtual Classroom: Day 11