Ms. Nakada's Virtual Classroom: Day 32

Agenda:
Check-in
Collection Covers and Collection/Slam Aesthetics 
Sample Collections and Poetry Performances


HW: RJ 16.4 read for 20-30 minutes and record.
Get RJs signed. Turn in Collections and Slam Videos

Hey y'all. I'm heading in to Emerson today to pack up my classroom. It's got me feeling all kinds of sad. I hope your morning is going well. 

Zoom today is at 1. Bring questions you might have about the end of NaPoWriMo. 

Check-in question: where are you going to high school? 

Ok, today let's talk about collection covers: Here are a few samples. Make something artful!

















Think about the aesthetics in your slam pieces as well. Everything is art!

During our Zoom, I'll show you a few poetry slam performances from last year. I'm not posting them here because they would hate me for it. 

I've loved seeing Poetry Slam pieces as they come in. Makes me miss y'all so much!

Do something nice for your teachers. It's Teacher Appreciation Week!

Friday is the Get Lit Final. LA's best poets will perform and the team from Venice coached by my friend and writing partner, Ms. Witham will compete. You can check it out here: Write to me about your impressions if you watch it and I'll give you extra credit. 

Turn in everything by Friday and have a great end of your week. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ms. Nakada's Blog for Independent Study Day 1

Logan's Third Blog

Ms. Nakada's Virtual Classroom: Day 11